I have never been able to write down the story of how me and Joe met and got married, because I don't write in a journal (this is it) and when we got married I didn't have a blog, so here it goes.
Joe and I grew up in the same area. I knew him from church and I did not like him. Tons of girls at church liked him and I really didn't know why. It kinda irritated me. One memory I have of when we were younger is, he was dating another girl and about 30 of us were on some massive double date. At a park, he was sitting in the outfield talking to this girl, while my date was pitching me a balls so I could act like I was batting for fun, but I was really aiming for them. Nice, I know. A couple of years later Joe left on his mission to the Philippines and I went off to college in Utah. I came back to California after my freshman year and Joe returned from his mission later on in my sophomore year.
His first night back from his mission I saw him at a young single adult dance and one of his friends, Elliot, came up to me and was trying to talk me in to going to say hi to Joe. I replied with, "If he wants to say hi to me so bad, then he can come up to me." Elliot gave me a funny look and walked away. I had already spotted Joe and thought to myself that he had grown up a bit and I now thought that he was cute. However, I wasn't going to throw myself at him like other girls were already doing at the dance, so I just stuck with my friends.
On Mother's Day 2001, I went to a fireside with one of my friends and she was trying to track down some guy, who happened to be a friend of Joe. Well, we found him and went over to the Coltrin's house, because that's where he was. When I walked in, there was Joe. As the night went on I kept trying to leave, because I worked at Home Depot and I had to open the store. Joe kept on finding little things to try to get me to stay, but eventually I left. When I left Joe looked at one of his friends and asked if they thought I would ever go out with him.
We ended up getting set up by mutual friends a couple of weeks later and did group things for two to three weeks. Then we decided to date exclusively. That lasted for about three weeks. He took me to the ocean and told me that he thought he was falling in love with me and I laughed and told him to let me know when he was sure. He let me know the next day, that he knew for sure he was in love with me. Then the next day he asked me if we should think about getting married. A couple days later he proposed to me in the driveway of my parents' house. It was July 2nd and we were married on October 11th of the same year in the Oakland, California Temple.
A pretty quick dating experience, but it's worked for this long, so no one can complain or question it.
Here are some of the pictures from our wedding. We look so young! Not that we're old now, but when I look at these I think...seven years is a long time! Here's to many, many more!
Joe and I grew up in the same area. I knew him from church and I did not like him. Tons of girls at church liked him and I really didn't know why. It kinda irritated me. One memory I have of when we were younger is, he was dating another girl and about 30 of us were on some massive double date. At a park, he was sitting in the outfield talking to this girl, while my date was pitching me a balls so I could act like I was batting for fun, but I was really aiming for them. Nice, I know. A couple of years later Joe left on his mission to the Philippines and I went off to college in Utah. I came back to California after my freshman year and Joe returned from his mission later on in my sophomore year.
His first night back from his mission I saw him at a young single adult dance and one of his friends, Elliot, came up to me and was trying to talk me in to going to say hi to Joe. I replied with, "If he wants to say hi to me so bad, then he can come up to me." Elliot gave me a funny look and walked away. I had already spotted Joe and thought to myself that he had grown up a bit and I now thought that he was cute. However, I wasn't going to throw myself at him like other girls were already doing at the dance, so I just stuck with my friends.
On Mother's Day 2001, I went to a fireside with one of my friends and she was trying to track down some guy, who happened to be a friend of Joe. Well, we found him and went over to the Coltrin's house, because that's where he was. When I walked in, there was Joe. As the night went on I kept trying to leave, because I worked at Home Depot and I had to open the store. Joe kept on finding little things to try to get me to stay, but eventually I left. When I left Joe looked at one of his friends and asked if they thought I would ever go out with him.
We ended up getting set up by mutual friends a couple of weeks later and did group things for two to three weeks. Then we decided to date exclusively. That lasted for about three weeks. He took me to the ocean and told me that he thought he was falling in love with me and I laughed and told him to let me know when he was sure. He let me know the next day, that he knew for sure he was in love with me. Then the next day he asked me if we should think about getting married. A couple days later he proposed to me in the driveway of my parents' house. It was July 2nd and we were married on October 11th of the same year in the Oakland, California Temple.
A pretty quick dating experience, but it's worked for this long, so no one can complain or question it.
Here are some of the pictures from our wedding. We look so young! Not that we're old now, but when I look at these I think...seven years is a long time! Here's to many, many more!





7 comments:
So cute! I'm glad you shared. I love reading peoples "how we came to be" stories!
Oh I love it! Haha, I never knew Elliot was always trying to play match maker, geez! Well I know you guys are perfect for eachother. We love you both and can't wait to see you guys again! Happy Anniversary!
You looked so beautifulin your dress. You told me and Ape the story at our mini get together but it's funny reading it again. I could totally picture you doing and saying everything :-) Congrats on 7 years!
That was sweet. I can remember that. Has it really been 7 years?! And you look as good as ever!
Aww..I totally remember this day! Congrats on 7 yrs.
YOU LOOK SO YOUNG! don't worry you still are, but STILL
Your story always makes me laugh! (Let me know when you know for sure.) I love how unimpressed you were with Joe. I'm glad he finally made a good impression though. You make cute boys!
Post a Comment