#1-I personally do not trust dishwashers to clean my dishes thoroughly. I have to pre-wash my dishes, before I put them in the dishwasher. I see the dishwasher as a disinfecting machine, not a cleansing machine.
#2-I believe in "at home clothes" and "going out clothes". I have the unfortunate or fortunate tendency to run into A LOT of people that I know currently, or knew in the past while I'm out in public and as a precautionary move I usually have the kids dressed in their going out clothes. I don't want to feel like I need to disappear when I see someone, I like to show off my kids...most of the time. At home, however, it's a free for all.
#3-I have a really bad habit of feeling clothes as I walk by them in stores. When I was younger, my mom would not let us touch the clothes or other items in the stores. Now that I'm older I can't help myself, but to touch them as I walk by. Sometimes I do it without even thinking, which Joe finds hilarious...and kinda sad.
#4-I like to wash and fold laundry. I know that most women hate the laundry, but I like it. Unfortunately, I hate to put away the clothing. So, I usually just just leave it on the couch folded and hope that Joe puts it away before the kids use them for forts.
#5-Since it is the holiday season I thought I'd add one about Christmas. I am a staunch believer that holidays belong in their own time frames. For those of you who don't know, the Christmas time frame begins the day after Thanksgiving and lasts until the day after New Year's. I could MAYBE stretch it to the week after New Year's, but that may be pushing it.
#6-Joe brought to my attention that I hate it when light switches are not lined up when they are all on or all off. In our house this causes a bit of an issue for me as we have two way switches, so they can get all discombobulated. I have been known to take the time to be sure they all face the same way. Then I found out that Joe would mess them up on purpose, just to mess with me, so now I try to ignore it.
#7-I have to have symmetry! Poor Joe and his very patient brother Sam. When they were remodeling our kitchen and livingroom, I think I had them change the location of the all of the lighting at least three time. I can walk in a room and almost instantly see if things are not lined up correctly and it drives me NUTS! Of course, I wouldn't say anything to people about their own houses, but in mine that's all I can look at. Thanks Sam for being so patient.
#2-I believe in "at home clothes" and "going out clothes". I have the unfortunate or fortunate tendency to run into A LOT of people that I know currently, or knew in the past while I'm out in public and as a precautionary move I usually have the kids dressed in their going out clothes. I don't want to feel like I need to disappear when I see someone, I like to show off my kids...most of the time. At home, however, it's a free for all.
#3-I have a really bad habit of feeling clothes as I walk by them in stores. When I was younger, my mom would not let us touch the clothes or other items in the stores. Now that I'm older I can't help myself, but to touch them as I walk by. Sometimes I do it without even thinking, which Joe finds hilarious...and kinda sad.
#4-I like to wash and fold laundry. I know that most women hate the laundry, but I like it. Unfortunately, I hate to put away the clothing. So, I usually just just leave it on the couch folded and hope that Joe puts it away before the kids use them for forts.
#5-Since it is the holiday season I thought I'd add one about Christmas. I am a staunch believer that holidays belong in their own time frames. For those of you who don't know, the Christmas time frame begins the day after Thanksgiving and lasts until the day after New Year's. I could MAYBE stretch it to the week after New Year's, but that may be pushing it.
#6-Joe brought to my attention that I hate it when light switches are not lined up when they are all on or all off. In our house this causes a bit of an issue for me as we have two way switches, so they can get all discombobulated. I have been known to take the time to be sure they all face the same way. Then I found out that Joe would mess them up on purpose, just to mess with me, so now I try to ignore it.
#7-I have to have symmetry! Poor Joe and his very patient brother Sam. When they were remodeling our kitchen and livingroom, I think I had them change the location of the all of the lighting at least three time. I can walk in a room and almost instantly see if things are not lined up correctly and it drives me NUTS! Of course, I wouldn't say anything to people about their own houses, but in mine that's all I can look at. Thanks Sam for being so patient.
So, like I said I'm too lazy to find the rules, but if any of you would like to share your "special" quirks that make you, you, don't forget to let us all know.
No comments:
Post a Comment