Monday, August 17, 2009

Seipert Family Reunion

The first weekend in August was my Grandma's "cousin's" reunion with the Seipert line of her family. The reunion was in the Calaveras Big Trees National Park. My grandpa hitched a ride with me and my sister there and back, because we only wanted to go for the day. Man, can that guy talk! On the way home he even said, "I have a lot of stories don't I?" I just laughed and said "yes". I told him that he was old so he was entitled to have a few, but I think that I heard him speak more in the 5 hours we were in the car than in my entire life!



Krista in the back of the van entertaining the boys.



Jake entertaining himself.


Luke eating his snack that Grandpa Bob bought him.


Jake and Krista in the river that went through the park. I think it was the Calaveras River, but I can't remember.


Dad and Luke playing in the river.


My grandpa on the left with the hat and my grandma with the dark sunglasses on, talking to family.


My great aunt Jean was in charge of the reunion and she had dinner that night catered by someone that lived by her. This was their mobile, BBQ/smoker. It was DELICIOUS!


My family is highly political. This was on the back of the shirts that my great uncle Monty and his wife Jennine had on...gotta love 'em.

1 comment:

OLIVIA said...

So there's the infamous trailer that caused a ruckus!