Thursday, July 30, 2009

Camping - Day 1

This year I went up to camp without Joe until Friday. Which is pretty much the whole trip, since we come home on Saturday. I was surprised that I found myself doing this, because I'm not much of a camper myself. I'm just a huge fan of running water, specifically in the form of flushing toilets. However, I knew that the boys would be devastated if I didn't take them. Joe went with me to set up my stuff on Monday and on Tuesday me and the boys headed up alone on Tuesday. The family was wonderful though, they helped out so much with the boys and I had to just trust Jake more this year, which was ok. We survived, so it couldn't have been that bad. It was quite a relief though when I picked Joe up on Friday. I had missed him and his help with my very adventurous boys.


Jake was being my photographer and snapped a picture while we were headed up 80.



This year the theme for family camp was holidays. On the first night the holiday was Halloween and Elizabeth was in charge of the activity. She planned a "tent or treat". The kids LOVED it.


Luke in his mask.


Jake in his mask.

All of the kids going around to the tents to get their treats.

No comments: