Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Camp 2010

This is going to be one long picture blog of our annual family camping trip with the Elmers.
The theme this year was Harry Potter, which the kids really enjoyed. 
I have to admit, I am not much of a camper
...at all...
but it is nice and fun to be together with family for a few days with no interruption of "normal" life.
This may be the last year that we venture up to Woodchuck Flats, because they are going to start charging and there are NO amenities, which doesn't make any sense.  So, as a family we will likely try a new campsite. Everyone is sad to see things change...I'm a little less sad than some.  I'm liking the idea of a campsite with flushing toilets, running water...ahhhhhh.  I can dream right?

Luke waiting for his "potions class" to start

Jake learning about the potions

Luke already getting dirty.
(Something that happens as soon as you exit the car)

Jake with his dirt 'stache

Noah enjoying the air mattress

Sitting around the campfire at night.  
If you notice how large the fire is, that is due to the self imposed challenge that my dear husband puts upon himself to basically freak his mother out with the largest fire he can muster.

Luke with Uncle Houston

Almost all the grandkids at dinner

Jake and Ava

The kids practicing spells with their wands

Grandma Elmer with Veronica

Joe with Noah and Sam with Gabriel

Noah

Jake and Mason

Jake and Isabella
(Bella got bit by a mosquito on the eye this week...poor thing)

Luke




No comments: